Welcome to my blog. Take a look around. You'll find digital scrapbook freebies, previews of my kits, and layouts from me and my CT.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter - Book Review

I am an avid reader and it is one of my favorite past times. I recently joined a group called Booksneeze that allows you to pick books that you would like to read for free in return for posting a review on the book. I waited several months before selecting a book, because I wanted to select one that I really thought would fit me.
The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter was a delight to read. It is set in current day Montana and follows the life of a young single mom, Shay, as she struggles to keep her ranch running and in the black. Shay’s high school sweetheart Travis has just temporarily moved back to town, and the novel depicts the various run-ins and emotional inner struggles as Shay confronts her past and her current feelings. Unlike other love stories, Shay actually finds herself legally married to Travis as a result of a town festival reenactment. This unlikely situation forces the two to really face their inner feelings and enables them to realize their own past mistakes and potential future happiness.

Denise Hunter is one of my all time favorite authors. She has an amazing talent of character development that makes you feel truly connected to the main characters as their lives weave through the plot. As with most Christian fiction books, this book weaves biblical and moral viewpoints throughout the plot, but it is not so saturated that you lose the fact that there is a plot. While the characters in this books are by no means perfect, their intentions and emotional struggles through life’s daily hurdles will leave  you encouraged and uplifted, not to mention entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment